Usage : As directed by the physician
Dosage : 10 to 15 g for adult and 5 to 10 g for children or as directed by the Physician
Indication : Deficient immune disorders, respiratory ailments, debilitating diseases, disorders of urinary bladder, hoarseness of voice, poor memory & intelligence -Rasayana & prophylactic medicine in cardio-pulmonary ailments & neoplasms
|S.No||Sanskrit Name||Botanical Name||Qty/Tab|
|1||Matsyandika||Saccharum officinarum||4.444 g|
|3||Ghritam||Cow?s ghee||0.762 ml|
|4||Tailam||Sesamum indicum||0.762 ml|
|5||Kasmari||Gmelina arborea||0.089 g|
|6||Vilwa||Aegle marmelos||0.089 g|
|7||Patala||Stereospermum colais||0.089 g|
|8||Syonaka||Oroxylum indicum||0.089 g|
|9||Agnimantha||Premna corymbosa||0.089 g|
|10||Salaparni||Pseudarthria viscida||0.089 g|
|11||Prisniparni||Desmodium gangeticum||0.089 g|
|12||Brihati||Solanum anguivi||0.089 g|
|13||Kathilla||Solanum virginianum||0.089 g|
|14||Gokshura||Tribulus terrestris||0.089 g|
|15||Bala||Sida cordifolia||0.089 g|
|16||Musta||Cyperus rotundus||0.089 g|
|17||Dvijivaka||Pueraria tuberosa (sub.)||0.178g|
|18||Utpala||Kaempferia rotunda||0.089 g|
|19||Mashaparni||Vigna radiata var. sublobata||0.089 g|
|20||Mudgaparni||Dysolobium pilosum||0.089 g|
|21||Pippali||Piper longum||0.267 g|
|22||Sringi||Galls on Pistacia chinensis||0.089 g|
|23||Dvimeda||Asparagus racemosus (sub.)||0.089 g|
|24||Tamalaki||Phyllanthus amarus||0.089 g|
|25||Truti||Elettaria cardamomum||0.089 g|
|26||Jivanti||Leptadenia reticuata||0.089 g|
|27||Draksha||Vitis vinifera||0.089 g|
|28||Pushkara||Inula racemosa||0.089 g|
|29||Chandana||Santalum album||0.089 g|
|30||Sathi||Hedychium spicatum||0.089 g|
|31||Punarnava||Boerhavia diffusa||0.089 g|
|32||Dvikakoli||Withania somnifera (sub.)||0.178 g|
|33||Kakanasa||Trichosanthes tricuspidata||0.089 g|
|34||Amrita||Tinospora cordifolia||0.089 g|
|35||Abhaya||Terminalia chebula||0.089 g|
|36||Vidari||Pueraria tuberosa||0.089 g|
|37||Vrishamula||Justicia beddomei||0.089 g|
|38||Dhatriphala||Phyllanthus emblica||3.048 g|
|39||Thukaksheeri||Maranta arundinacea||0.356 g|
|40||Pippali||Piper longum||0.178 g|
|41||Twak||Cinnamomum verum||0.022 g|
|42||Patra||Cinnamomum tamala||0.022 g|
|43||Nagakesara||Mesua ferrea||0.022 g|
|Pricing Type||500 Gms in bottle|
Classical ayurvedic texts like Charakasamhita, Ashtangahridya have highlighted the role of vyadhikshamata or immunity to prevent diseases. Rasayana is the branch of Ayurveda that deals with the prevention of premature aging by delaying degenerative processes. Rasayana is a specific therapeutic procedure with particular formulations.
Chyvanaprasa / Chyavanaprasam is a renowned rasayana drug described in classical Ayurvedic texts like Ashtangahridayam. It is one of the widely used rasayana drug which promote strength and vitality. Chyavanaprasam is formulated by processing around fifty ingredients and Indian Gooseberry is the prime content along with Dasamoola, Chaturjata, Ashtavarga group of drugs. According to the legends, Chyavana is the name of a sage who regained youth and vitality, by using this rasayana and prasha means food. This rasayana is usually prescribed for proper growth of children, very effective in cough, asthma, cardiac ailments, rheumatoid arthritis, urinary tract diseases and improves power of memory and other mental faculties also. This is in the form of avaleha. It purifies blood, detoxifies the body and protects the liver. There are experiences that many of the Postcovid illnesses are well managed with Chyavnaprasam.
The raw material for manufacturing Chyavanaprasam is tested in our quality control laboratory which is accredited by the Department of AYUSH and the organoleptic properties of the avaleha is checked by senior doctors of Arya Vaidya Sala.
The main ingredients and their individual properties are detailed below.
- Vilwa-Aegle marmelos:-Improves appetite, digestion, prevents cough,respiratory diseases, gastro protective and anti-ulcerative.
- Syonaka –Oroxylum indicum:-Digestive, hepatoprotective, cardiotonic,anti-inflammatory, anti-arthritic, detoxifies blood and immunomodulatory also.
- Salaparni –Pseudarthria viscida:-Used in rheumatism, dyspnoea,urinary tract diseases, oedema, excessive heat and asthma.
- Prisniparni –Desmodium gangeticum:-Useful in cardiac ailments, fever,cough,dyspnoea,anti-oxidant,anti-inflammatory,anti-arthritic and neurotonic.
- Brihati-Solanum anguivi:-Useful in cough, nasal ailments, respiratory problems, cardiac problems, etc.
- Nidigdhika-Solanum virginianum:-Widely used in respiratory diseases, anti-pyretic and diuretic.
- Gokshura –Tribulus terrestris:-It has Immunomodulatory, aphrodisiac, hypolipedemic, hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, diuretic and analgesic activities.
- Bala –Sida cordifolia:-It has Anti-rheumatic, neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, rejuvenative, aphrodisiac, anti-oxidant, immunomodulator, cardioprotective and hepatoprotective activities.
- Musta –Cyperus rotundus:-Cyperusrotundusis used in bowel disorders, worm trouble, fever, cough and bronchitis.It is carminative, diuretic, anti-bacterial and analgesic.
- Pippali -Piper longum:-A powerful Rasayana drug which Improves appetite, used in stomach disorders, cough, asthma, diseases of spleen, rheumatoid arthritis and it is hepatoprotective also.
- Draksha-Vitis vinifera:-Nutritive, rich source of vitamin A, Vitamin C, VitaminB, VitaminK, Aphrodisiac, richest natural source of Anti-oxidant, hepatoprotective, neuroprotective, haematinic, immunomodulatory, anti-carcinogenic and anti-viral.
- Punarnava-Boerhavia diffusa:-Rasayana drug, contains flavanoids, alkaloids and glycosides. It is hematinic, anti-inflammatory, cardioprotective, anti-odematic, corrects bowel problems and diuretic.
- Dwikakoli-Withania somnifera (sub.):-Rejuvenative, aphrodisiac, anti-oxidant, relievesstress, neuroprotective, hepatoprotective, improves strength and vitality, immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-rheumatic also. It contains phytochemicals alkaloids, flavanoides, phenolics, saponines and glycosides.
- Amrita-Tinospora cordifolia:-Anti-pyretic, prevents seasonal allergic diseases, respiratory disorders, skin problems and immunomodulatory also.
- Abhaya- Terminalia chebula:-Rasayana drug, improves gut health, carminative, anti-bacterial, anti-viral,anti-fungal, remedy for cough and bronchitis, hepatoprotective, anti-oedimatic and used in constipation also
- Vrishamula- Justicia beddomei:-Useful in common cold, cough, respiratorydiseases, fever, expectorant, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory
- Vidari-Pueraria tuberosa:-It is rejuvenative, aphrodisiac, improves lactation, cardioprotective, used to improve the body weight anti-rheumatic and anti-inflammatory also.
- Tamalaki-Phyllanthus niruri:-Hepato protective, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, hypoglycemic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, cardioprotective
- Dhatri –Emblica officinalis:-Rasyana drug. Gooseberry is cooling, digestive, anti-oxidant, rich source of Vitamin C and aphrodisiac. Useful in hyperacidity, eye diseases, intermittent fever, cough, bronchitis, cardiac disorders, leucorrhoea, menorrhagia etc. It contains numerous phytoconstituents, gallic acid, ellagic acid, tannins, minerals and aminoacids which are responsible for enhancing immunity and vitality.
5 to 15 g along with warm milk or without milk after dinner.
Diabetic patients may consult the doctor before using the medicine.