Usage : As directed by the physician
Dosage : 10 to 15 ml for adults and 5 to 10 ml for children or as directed by the Physician
Indication : Deficient immune conditions, emaciation, poor memory, Rasayana and prophylactic medicine in neoplasms
|S.No||Sanskrit Name||Botanical Name||Qty/Tab|
|1||Sitopala||Saccharum officinarum||5.208 g|
|3||Tailam||Sesamum indicum||0.679 ml|
|5||Pathya||Terminalia chebula||0.453 g|
|6||Dhatri||Phyllanthus emblica||2.717 g|
|7||Vilwa||Aegle marmelos||0.047 g|
|8||Kasmari||Gmelina arborea||0.047 g|
|9||Patala||Stereospermum colais||0.047 g|
|10||Syonaka||Oroxylum indicum||0.047 g|
|11||Agnimandha||Premna corymbosa||0.047 g|
|12||Salaparni||Pseudarthria viscida||0.047 g|
|13||Prisniparni||Desmodium gangeticum||0.047 g|
|14||Brihati||Solanum anguivi||0.047 g|
|15||Nidigdhika||Solanum virginianum||0.047 g|
|16||Gokshura||Tribulus terrestris||0.047 g|
|17||Bala||Sida cordifolia||0.047 g|
|18||Eranda||Ricinus communis||0.047 g|
|19||Punarnava||Boerhavia diffusa||0.047 g|
|20||Mashaparni||Vigna radiata var. sublobata||0.047 g|
|21||Mudgaparni||Dysolobium pilosum||0.047 g|
|22||Satavari||Aspargus racemosus||0.047 g|
|23||Vira||Coccinia grandis||0.047 g|
|24||Jivanti||Leptadenia reticulata||0.047 g|
|25||Dvijivaka||Pueraria tuberosa (sub.)||0.094 g|
|26||Darbha||Desmostachya bipinnata||0.047 g|
|27||Kusa||Saccharum spontaneum||0.047 g|
|28||Nivara||Hygroryza aristata||0.047 g|
|29||Ikshugandika||Saccharum officinarum||0.047 g|
|30||Sara||Saccharum arundinaceum||0.047 g|
|31||Twak||Cinnamomum verum||0.019 g|
|32||Ela||Elettaria cardamomum||0.019 g|
|33||Musta||Cyperus rotundus||0.019 g|
|34||Rajani||Curcuma longa||0.019 g|
|35||Pippali||Piper longum||0.019 g|
|36||Chandana||Santalum album||0.019 g|
|37||Mandukaparni||Centella asiatica||0.019 g|
|38||Kanaka||Mesua ferrea||0.019 g|
|39||Sankapushpi||Clitoria ternatea||0.019 g|
|40||Vacha||Acorus calamus||0.019 g|
|41||Plava||Cyperus esculentus||0.019 g|
|42||Yashtyahwa||Glycyrrhiza glabra||0.019 g|
|43||Vidanga||Embelia ribes||0.019 g|
|Pricing Type||500 Gms in bottle|
Rasayanachikitsa is a unique branch of Ayurveda which helps the body to reduce the “Oxidative Stress”, formed from an imbalance between the formation and neutralization of free radicals. Rasayanas are a group of a single drug or polyherbal preparations made from plants and minerals. They are commonly used to improve health and longevity by providing nutrition to the body and reducing stress.
Brahmarasayana is mentioned in the classical ayurvedic text Ashtangahridayam. It helps in controlling the ageing of the brain and enhancing the memory which are beneficial for improving mental health. According to Ayurveda, Brahmarasayana has medhya (improve intelligence) property. It also helps reduce the symptoms of anxiety by balancing all three doshas, especially Vata dosha.
Brahmarasayana contains 43 ingredients. All the raw materials for preparing the rasayana are tested in our quality control laboratory which is accredited by the Department of AYUSH and the organoleptic properties of the avaleha is checked by senior doctors of Arya Vaidya Sala.
Some of the common ingredients and their characteristics are given below.
- Pathya (Terminalia chebula) has purgative, anti-bilious, anti-ageing, rejuvenative, anti-oxidant properties for treating numerous health anomalies. Medhya property helps to improve intelligence. Hareethaki is used with other drugs like mandookaparni, gokshura, satavari, sankhapushpi in the treatment of ADHD, Autism, dementia, for improving memory and concentration. This is also a deepana and pachana drug (digestive).
- Dhatri (Phyllanthus emblica): Gooseberries contain protein, fat, carbohydrate, gallic acid, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, copper, manganese, etc. Vitamin B5 is utilised for the production of fatty acids. Vitamin B6 produces the enzymes for the cell functions. Copper is essential for brain and heart vessels. Gooseberry is rich in vitamin C which is anti-oxidant and anti-ageing. In Ayurveda, amla is considered to be a potent rejuvenator and immunomodulator effective in stalling degenerative processes and senescence, and promoting longevity.This enhances digestion, relieves constipation, reduces fever and cough, alleviates asthma, strengthens the heart, benefit for the eyes, stimulate hair growth, enliven the body, and enhance intellect.
- Bala (Sida cordifolia) has the properties like anti-inflammatory, analgesic, hypotensive, blood purifier, aphrodisiac and anti-oxidant. This plant enhances hair growth and is effective in all type of rheumatic ailments.
- Bilwa (Aegle marmelos): Bilwa is good for diarrhoea and act as a coolant in our body. It has also properties like anti-inflammatory, anti-biotic, and anti-poisonous.
- Erandmoolam (Ricinus communis) is a laxative, analgesic drug. It is also good to relieve vata in our body.
- Shankhapushpi (Clitoria ternatea) is a memory booster, helping to concentrate. It will improve learning capability, mental fatigue, anti- stress, and sleeplessness.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) is an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant drug. It prevents the progression of Diabetes and is good for Nerves and blood vessels.
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) is a drug for depression and anxiety. It is an Immunomodulator. It is also good to improve brain functions memory, intellect, respiratory system and gastro intestinal system.
- Pippali (Piper longum) helps to reduce inflammation (swelling) and has anticancer properties. One of the constituents piperine also seems to modify the lining of the intestines. This change allows some drugs and other substances taken orally to be better absorbed by the body. Other than that pippali itself is a rasayana, ideally for liver and spleen. Ayurveda classifies this herb as a potent rejuvenative having strong anti-ageing and aphrodisiac effects on the body. It is widely used for treating diabetes, asthma, indigestion, cough and cold.
- Satavari (Asparagus racemosus) is an anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory drug. This boost our immune system, relieve cough, diarrhoea, improves lactation and is widely used in gynaecological disorders.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) is a well-known medicinal plant packed with essential nutrients, such as vitamin C and other phytoconstituents. It is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory drug boosting our immune system. Punarnava is used in liver disorder as cleanser and also to reduce the pain and swelling in rheumatoid arthritis. This also helps to decrease fat in our body and its wound-healing property helps for quick healing. Diuretic property is made used in treating Urinary Tract Infections.
Usage and Dosage
This compound drug got its name from the Lord Brahma, who is believed to have prescribed this to Maharishies. Brahmarasayana is reputed for the proper development in children and reducing the weakness in the aged. As a convalescent this is a good remedy for debility. This fetches good results if regularly used in cough, heart ailments, rheumatism, recurrent fever, and male infertility. Time tested Brahmarasayana improves memory, vitality, intelligence and digestion.
5-15g is the dose. It can be increased up to 50g according to the rasayana procedure.
Diabetic patients may consult an ayurvedic doctor before using the medicine.